5 things you didn’t know about blackjack
Blackjack is a popular card game that has become increasingly popular over the years, attracting the interest of people who enjoy their free time with games of chance.
This game, also called blackjack, may not be as dramatic or exciting as poker, but it is no less popular, as it is a game of chance that, due to its dynamics, can arouse the interest of both experts and beginners.
Top facts about card games
In this article we mention some of the most remarkable blackjack anecdotes, which will probably surprise you and give you an insight into the origins of this popular card game.
- The first reference to the game twenty-one is found in the literary work ‘Rinconete y Cortadillo’ by the writer Miguel de Cervantes, a curiosity that supports the theory of those historians who consider that the origin of this game is located in Castile.
- In the 20th century, the game evolved with the times and was integrated into the casinos of the United States and became very popular among gambling fans.
- Blackjack was played in all the casinos in the United States, but with the disadvantage of not having fixed rules, which led the American government to take the decision to prohibit the game in 1890.
- In the world of the ‘seventh art’ there have been several films about the casino world that focus their attention on blackjack or that simply have unforgettable scenes where this popular game is the protagonist, such as ’21’, a film about blackjack par excellence.
- Ken Uston has been the most famous blackjack player, reaching popularity as a card counter, obtaining a great fortune in casinos, a fact that led him to face justice on more than one occasion.
Poker or Blackjack?
Cards are fascinating elements, which have a great significance in the world of chance and a fascinating history that began more than a millennium ago in the Far East and which now amaze all people who love games where luck plays a fundamental role.
A number of card games can be played with playing cards, in the pursuit of endless fun, which can be enjoyed with family or friends, at home, in casinos or gambling halls.
In poker, players place a bet at the start of the game, usually knowing only their own cards and some or none of the other players’ cards.
The winner of this card game is victorious when he reaches or achieves the best possible combination.
In blackjack, on the other hand, players aim to score 21 points without exceeding this figure, always reaching a higher value than that obtained by the dealer, in order to win the bet.
In this card game, which usually offers better odds than poker, the cards from 2 to 10 do not change in value and the cards J, Q, and K are worth 10, while the Ace is worth 1 or 11 at the player’s convenience.
When analysing the two most famous card games, more differences than similarities are discovered, although the player who enjoys blackjack or poker must have the necessary skill, knowledge, practice and luck to be victorious in any game.
Blackjack usually offers a greater chance of winning than poker, as statistically, the famous ‘twenty-one’ is more popular and has more fans than poker, although in the end it is the luck and chance lovers who will choose the game of their choice.